Firsthand experience with own resources
Central Gate is the official Costa Rica high-tech services association gathering top-quality export outsourcing providers in BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), ITO (Internet Technology Outsourcing), and Digital Marketing. This is the one-stop-shot for offshore and nearshore contractors looking for trusted and proven suppliers delivering human talent, competitiveness, and added value in developing business solutions.
Since its very origins, Central Gate has been supported by CINDE (The Costa Rican Investment Promotion Company) and developed an innovative and effective public-private alliance with PROCOMER (The Foreign Trade Corporation of Costa Rica) to become a strategic cluster for attracting incoming business opportunities for its members.
Established on December 2012, it was presented internationally at the 2013 IAOP Outsourcing World Summit. Since then, the organization has been a frequent participant in international industry events, representing over 13 Costa Rican companies to dozens of potential clients in the United States, particularly in New York, Virginia, Texas, California, and Florida.
Strict membership criteria ensure that the organization enlists the best and most recognized providers in the exporting services sector. These specific standards include: being up to date with the corresponding legal responsibilities in Costa Rica, holding at least 50% bilingual resources within the company (English-Spanish), having at least one international client, reporting minimum annual sales of US$200,000 for international clients, and presenting a customized recommendation from CINDE, PROCOMER, or any other current member of Central Gate.
As a not-for-profit organization, Central Gate is a business opportunity facilitator and it does not charge any commission not does it obtain any form of revenue from the leads signed by its members; nonetheless it works as a platform for the interchange of good practices and partnerships, and it does promote specific ethical policies that guarantee impartiality, honesty, confidentiality, transparency, and avoidance of any conflict of interest.
2018 in review:
- Active associations with local strategic partners: 31 business opportunities explored for the cluster during the year – 10 generated directly by Central Gate´s marketing efforts, 14 incoming from CINDE, 7 referred from PROCOMER
- Dynamic business interest: at least 32% of business opportunities kept active by the end of the year
2019 at a glance:
- Progressive increase in leads: in one semester, the amount of business opportunities almost tied the total produced during the previous year: 25 leads by July (8 generated by Central Gate, 15 incoming from CINDE, 2 referred from PROCOMER
- Growing attention in local capabilities: 14 pitches aimed at ITO services, 9 at BPO, 1 emerging at Digital Marketing, 1 for a BPO-ITO mix.
- Rising business contract consideration: 65% active deal pitches by July 2019
Five certain reasons to contact Central Gate for your Digital Marketing outsourcing services:
- Diverse Digital Marketing services offering: The list of Digital Marketing capabilities services you can hire through Central Gate includes creative conceptualization, 3D animation, social media and marketing consultancy and more.
- Efficient match between your business needs and required solutions: when contacting a third-party provider, you certainly need a quick but trusted reference. Why not seek it in just one reliable, supportive, businesslike cluster instead of running a long trial-and-error process with first-starters?
- Internationally suitable providers that guarantee your business continuity: Because of its adherence to Costa Rican official trading institutions, Central Gate certifies only the most recognized, recommended, current exporter providers as its members, meaning that learning curves have been clearly surpassed and that legal agreement, as well as technical and exporting processes, have become inbound settled procedures.
- Robust technical know-how and expertise: at Central Gate, you will find all your Digital Marketing services ready in the right place at the right time, thanks to compliance with relevant in-demand certifications and satisfactory delivery of complex processes and best practices. Bilingual skills and cultural affinity also stand for some of the proficient features your business requires for developing accessible, cost-effective relationships and archiving success.
- Proven relevant experience: On average, each Central Gate member has around a 10-year background experience offering its services in the USA and Canada when becoming part of the association. Thus, when contacting one of Central Gate’s members you will find a clear and straightforward business culture and a proactive approach to resolve problems, just as you need.
About this case study
Application of Digital Marketing strategy and techniques to Central Gate’s own communication efforts is the best way of showing effectiveness and living proof that not only connecting the right audience at the right time is still the essence of marketing, but also that this is the gateway to expand your business efforts.
- The most experienced, innovative digital marketing agencies in Costa Rica
ARWEB and Creative Drive are currently the two members in charge of deploying the Digital Marketing strategy and campaigns for Central Gate. While ARWEB is one of the national pioneer digital firms in the country, with over 20 years of dedicated experience to web development, content generation and digital analytics and optimization for local and international companies, Creative Drive has experienced a massive growth in the last few years, evolving from a small business to a startup to a global and independent US-owned creative agency. Moreover, Central Gate’s Digital Marketing offer is complemented by Kambda, a local, virtual enterprise featuring employees all over Latin America.
- Focus on new potential markets and segments
The application of a Digital Marketing strategy with well-crafted, measured campaigns and tactics has led to an increase in Central Gate’s exposure in intended markets, such as New York and Miami, and has provided new possibilities in cities that were not originally considered as potential areas for business, like Asburn, Portland, Columbus, or Cleveland, to name a few. This has also provided growth in the direct business opportunities received through Central Gate’s website during the last five months of 2018, when most web-development leads were received.
- Quick application and analysis for cost-effective solutions
As Digital Marketing is based on knowledge, application and creativity, the optimization of tools and resources is achievable in short timeframes and at reasonably low costs. These benefits were pivotal given the organizations’ objectives.
ARWEB is a digital production agency with expertise in high volume graphic design, banner ad campaigns, web development, and asset localization/transcreation services. It also provides outsourced, dedicated designers and teams for agencies and businesses that need to expand their digital production department. The company is one of the leading design firms in the country, with over 20 years of experience, and over 6 years offering outsourcing services to global mid-sized advertising agencies and Fortune 500 clients. List of services include: Creative Web Design and Development, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design and Digital Production, Localization and Transcreation. Certifications: Google Partner, Google HTML5, Google Web Developer, DoubleClick, Google QA.
Based in San Jose, Costa Rica and with offices in New York and Dallas, Creative Drive is a technology and marketing solutions company that helps clients by maximizing the inherent value of convergence between content, technology and execution. Its project and team-based services include web development, creative and development of digital technologies, social media monitoring and campaign support, content creation and management, media planning and buying and innovation R&D, testing and deployment. Certifications: Google Partner, Brightedge, Acquia Scrum.
Besides promoting its services through positive strategic alliances with CINDE and PROCOMER and designing a successful road show in the USA during 2018, it was evident that Central Gate needed to diversify its own marketing efforts in order to broaden its reach, organization visibility, and direct business opportunities for its members. However, new tactics would need to be resourceful in terms of creativity, versatility and efficacy.
The quickest, most cost-effective way to perform such a diversification was applying the newly incorporated Digital Marketing service to the organization, an action that involves practical actions, rapid analysis, cost-efficiency and course correction on the go.
After thorough technical, geographical assessments and brainstorming sessions, service providers designed a systematic strategy covering social media tactics, Google Analytics and tools application, organic keyword indexation through Search Engine Optimization (SEO), paid call-to-actions over Search Engine Marketing (SEM). This provided great direct international exposure with a generation of 11 inbound business opportunities through Central Gate’s own website in five months, most of them aimed at web development services. Recent recommendations include developing a content marketing campaign to strengthen relevance and positioning on selected channels and target audiences.